Fri, Dec 09|
Webinar via Zoom
Loss, Grief, and Domestic Violence: The Power of Transformation Presented by Mark Hundley
(WAITLIST FULL) 3 CEs will be offered to LPC, SW, LMFT, and Psychologists - NBCC Approved
Time & Location
Dec 09, 2022, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM CST
Webinar via Zoom
About the Event
"Loss, Grief, and Domestic Violence: The Power of Transformation"
3 CE Credits will be offered for LPC, LMFT, SW, and Psychologists - NBCC Approved
Presented by: Mark Hundley
Date: December 9th, 2022
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm CST
Location: Webinar Via Zoom
Cost: Free (This training is supported by Award No. 3012705 by the Texas Office of the Governor and Violence Against Women Act Fund.)
Domestic Violence creates an invasive trauma that permeates every part of the one victimized. Domestic Violence affects the entire constellation of mental, emotional, physical, spiritual and relational life experience arenas. Developing an understanding of the most effective approaches to dealing with individuals touched by Domestic Violence demands fresh perspectives on loss, grief, mourning and resiliency.
This workshop will draw from the most recent literature related to each of the four areas mentioned - loss, grief, mourning and resiliency - and how implementing healing strategies serves both intervention and prevention roles in addressing Domestic Violence.
The workshop will establish a working vocabulary that, when used, creates mental and emotional frameworks for healing. In addition to the healing vocabulary, this workshop will highlight the following:
- Findings from the ACEs Study outlining the traumatic effects of childhood trauma related to Domestic/Family Violence
- Grief as a Reactive Process
- Common Grief Avoidance Response Patterns
- Mourning as a Proactive Process
- A Framework for Nurturing and Accessing Personal Resiliency
- Gain insight into personal life loss experiences and how those experiences can serve a points of contact with clients.
- Acquire a grief vocabulary that is both practical and portable to any situation they may face personally or professionally.
- Explore the “Double-Sided Coin” of the Grief Process and the Mourning Process.
- Identify Common Grief Avoidance Response Patterns and Questions to employ when working with clients.
- Examine Five Pathways to Resiliency and how to use them in conversations with clients.
If you register for this training, you must attend for the entire training.
*Partial CEs will not be provided.*
Leaving the training early will count as a No Show.
In the event of an emergency that causes you to be late or miss the training, email email@example.com.
About Our Speakers:
Mark Hundley, M.Ed., LPC-S
Mark Hundley has a passion for working with people to help create purposeful lives.
He earned his B.A. in Sociology from Hardin-Simmons University and his Master’s in Counseling from the University of North Texas.
Mark has expertise in the field of loss/grief. He works with individuals, families, and corporate bodies to create and implement strategies for powerful living in the aftermath of tragedy, trauma, and loss.
He is a founder of the Journey of Hope Grief Support Center in Plano, TX.
Currently, Mark works with clients in private practice and provides supervision for LPC Associates.
When Registering, please ensure that ALL information, especially your email address, is accurate. If you do not receive a confirmation email from our team, your registration cannot be guaranteed.
*All events are subject to cancellation*
Loss, Grief, and Domestic ViolenceZoom