Thu, May 04|
Webinar via Zoom
LPC Supervision Training Presented by Cynthia Thompson, M.Ed., LPC-S
Join us for this Live Virtual Session that meets the LPC Board requirements for the 40-hour Supervision training. (Webinar via Zoom)
Time & Location
May 04, 8:30 AM CDT – May 05, 5:00 PM CDT
Webinar via Zoom
About the Event
"LPC Supervision Training Presented by Cynthia Thompson, M.Ed., LPC-S"
40 CE Credits will be offered for LPCs - Includes 12 Hours of Ethics
Date: May 4th & 5th, 2023
Time: 8:30am-5:00pm CDT
Location: Online Via Zoom
Cost: $600.00 + transaction fee
*20% of your registration fee will go to Trauma Support Services to help support our mission and expand our services.*
Payment due upon registration. This training requires a minimum of 4 participants. If the participant minimum is not met participants' payments will be transferred to a future training or reimbursed. (Minus the transaction fee)
Live/Virtual Session meets the LPC Board (TX) requirements for the 40-hour Supervision training.
24 Hours Pre-work
All pre-work materials must be completed and turned in by 5pm on May 3rd prior to beginning of class on May 4th.
Purchase of “Supervision Essentials for the Integrative Developmental Model” by Brian W. McNeill and Cal D. Stoltenberg required (approximately $30.00)
Can be Purchased HERE
A link to the pre-work course material will be issued upon registration and detailed in your confirmation email.
16 hours live, interactive training via webinar (Zoom).
Cameras are required to be on and attendees must be present and visible for the entire training. This will be an interactive training.
Upon completion of this two-day training, participants will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the Executive and Administrative tasks required for LPC Supervision
- Discuss roles and relationships that exist in the Supervisor/Supervisee dynamic
- Discuss multicultural competencies and how current events impact clinical supervision
- Conceptualize personal strengths and areas for improvement as a potential supervisor
Requirements to become an LPC Supervisor
To apply for supervisor status, an LPC must:
(1) have held the LPC license in good standing for at least 60 months;
(2) submit an application and all applicable fees; and
(3) submit a completion certificate for an acceptable supervisor training.
An acceptable supervisor training is:
- a doctoral level course in the supervision of professional counseling or mental health services which was taken for credit at an accredited school and documented on an official transcript; the qualifying doctoral level course may have been completed no more than five (5) years before the date the application for supervisor status was received; or
- a 40-clock-hour supervision course as set forth in §681.147 of this title (relating to 40-Clock-Hour Supervisor Training Course); the qualifying 40-clock-hour supervision course may have been completed no more than two (2) years before the date the application for supervisor status was received
About Our Speaker:
Cynthia A. Thompson, M.Ed., LPC-S has served as a volunteer therapist with Trauma Support Services since 2010. She has an extensive background working in Tarrant County as a therapist, outreach counselor, transitional housing facilitator, clinical coordinator and clinical director. She has been in private practice now at Door of Hope Counseling for over 10 years.
She is passionate about LPC supervision and has been an LPC supervisor since 2008, and an LPC Supervisor trainer for over five years. She has gained extensive experience working with both interns and supervisors during this time. She is proud to have played a role in completion of LPC board requirements for many interns and supervisors. She believes in equipping her peers with tools that help to improve their practice as licensed therapists and supervisors through mentoring, guidance and leadership. She models assertive communication, healthy self-esteem and spiritual awareness.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: No Refunds will be given for cancellations. If an emergency occurs, your registration may be transferred to a future LPC Supervision Training, upon trainer discretion.
When Registering, please ensure that ALL information, especially your email address, is accurate. If you do not receive a confirmation email from our team, your registration cannot be guaranteed.
8 hours 30 minutes
Day 1Webinar via Zoom
8 hours 30 minutes
Day 2Webinar via Zoom
LPC-S Training (May 4-5, 2023)