Why Does He Do That? Presented by Thecia Jenkins
3 CEs will be offered to LPC, SW, LMFT, and Psychologists - NBCC Approved
Time & Location
May 26, 2023, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
Webinar via Zoom
About the Event
"Why Does He Do That? Conversation on Men Who Use Power & Control in Their Relationships"
3 CE Credits will be offered for LPC, LMFT, SW, and Psychologists - NBCC Approved
Presented by: Thecia Jenkins
Date: May 26th, 2023
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm CDT
Location: Webinar Via Zoom
Cost: Free (This training is supported by Award No. 3012705 by the Texas Office of the Governor and Violence Against Women Act Fund.)
The number one question regarding domestic violence based on my experience as an advocate and providing community awareness is "why doesn't she leave?"
The question that is almost never asked is "why does he do that?"; during this virtual learning space participants will be explore the rationale and profiles of those who use harm in their relationships. The program is based on the book by Lundy Bancroft entitled Why Does He Do That.
This will be an interactive session and space to brain-storm on both intervention and prevention strategies for those who harm their partners.
- Discuss the mindset of men who use power and control in their relationships.
- Discuss the profiles of abusive men using the Lundy Bancroft framework.
- Discuss primary prevention and brainstorm strategies to engage men and develop programs to prevent domestic violence.
- Identify community resources to engage men and provide intervention/prevention to men who use power and control to disrupt the cycle of violence.
- Establish relationships with organizations and grassroot programs to address domestic violence by engaging men.
- Create safe spaces for males to begin the process of developing their emotional intelligence skills.
- Develop communication skills to more effectively initiate conversations with boys and men regarding healthy relationships.
If you register for this training, you must attend for the entire training.
*Partial CEs will not be provided.*
Leaving the training early will count as a No Show.
In the event of an emergency that causes you to be late or miss the training, email email@example.com.
About Our Speaker:
Thecia Jenkins is an international speaker, consultant, and author teaching non-profits and small businesses to equip their leadership and teams to deliver client services that are affirming and inclusive while also building self-care for themselves.
Thecia is a certified emotional intelligence practitioner and behavioral consultant and has over twenty-five years in social services as a program and human resources director.
Thecia is passionate about delivering transformational programming that challenges professionals to increase their self-awareness, manage change, connect with others, and embrace diversity to build high achieving teams that produce bold outcomes. She does this through keynotes, success workshops, consulting, and coaching.
When Registering, please ensure that ALL information, especially your email address, is accurate. If you do not receive a confirmation email from our team, your registration cannot be guaranteed.
*All events are subject to cancellation*
Why Does He Do That?Zoom